The Senior Mechanical Artist/Artworker is responsible for localising print mechanicals for the Japanese market. You will develop accurate and high-quality artwork for production assignments to incorporate in final layout.
You will need to be able to work in a pressured environment whilst still delivering work to the highest standards.
• Responsible for building and prepping mechanical files for release to production using Adobe Creative Suite software
• Liaise with Project Management and Print Production teams on print preparation
• While honouring the design intent as much as possible, the mechanical artist will be responsible for the iteration and versioning of localized artwork files
• Act as a brand QC/Guardian – always ensure brand guidelines, QC checklists and procedures are followed
• Manage a high-volume workload, including foreign language versions, if required
• At least 3 years of equivalent experience providing production support (print and digital) within an in-house studio
• Experienced in Adobe InDesign, Illustrator, and Photoshop
• Good knowledge of print, colour retouching, and digital artwork production.
• Excellent organizational skills, and outstanding project and time management skills.
• Ability to lead a group of mechanical artists in a fast-paced production environment
• Proficiency in OS & iOS software.
• Ability to adapt to the company’s way of working after training.
• Able to adhere to a consistent graphic production and checking process, while also identifying opportunities for improvement.
• Resourceful, adaptable, creative, and results-oriented with high energy and a positive attitude.
• Ability to work in a fast paced, demanding creative and production environment.
• Attention to detail is essential.
• Good awareness of current and emerging technologies.
• Good communication and interpersonal skills.
• Native Japanese speaker. Proficiency in written and oral English is advantageous.
• Must be able to travel as required, sometimes several weeks at a time.