The Vietnamese Copy/Sub-Editor (Freelance) is responsible for copyediting, proofreading and production editing for our client’s marketing communications, working closely with writers and other creatives to maintain the highest possible standard of work.
The ideal candidate is technically-savvy, possesses a keen eye and exceptional attention to detail to ensure clarity and accuracy in each piece of copy. He/She should be flexible, adaptable and results-driven, with the skills to work across stakeholders, and an ability to focus and prioritise in a fast-paced, ever changing environment.
You will be required to build strong working relationships with the in-market and global teams to ensure delivery of linguistically and tonally perfect campaigns that will ensure the client’s products stand out in your market.
• Responsible for providing in-country validation of customer-facing marketing content across digital, print and in-store communications, with a focus on consistency with brand tone of voice
• Edit and proofread editorial, marketing, and social media copy
• Work closely with in-country team on a high volume of projects and deliver on time and to an excellent standard, often with short deadlines
• Responsible for developing and maintaining a consistent tone of voice, personality and cultural relevance for Vietnam
• Be willing to travel to the client’s offices in US or London where required, for training and special projects
• Manage multiple projects simultaneously and ensure timely delivery.
• Leverage glossaries and style guides to ensure alignment with the brand’s tone of voice, ensuring clarity and accuracy of translations, and maintaining the highest possible standards
• Responsible for ensuring product and technical accuracy, as well as linguistic accuracy (grammar and spelling, as well as cultural relevance).
• Ensuring special attention is paid to whether content is appropriate and correct for their country.
• Responsible for providing ongoing linguistic guidance and feedback to Translation vendors, client’s producers and project managers
• Proactively contribute ideas to the client’s project management or traffic team for process improvement
• Responsible for keeping own product and brand knowledge up to date
A minimum of 5 years experience in copyediting and/or subediting for both marketing and technical materials
Must also have a nuanced understanding of language conventions, style and usage
Experience working for global brands
Working knowledge of translation and project management tools
Experience in supporting the development and maintenance of style guides and glossaries
Demonstrate excellent communication skills as well as the ability to work as a team member. Must be able to perform effectively and efficiently under time pressure.
Exceptional attention to detail and the ability to focus and prioritize in a fast-paced environment. Possess a solid understanding of the creative development and production process.
Must be flexible and able to adapt within an environment of constant change
Ideal candidates will have previous editorial, proofreading, and localisation experience at an advertising agency, marketing communications group, or localisation/transcreation agency.